Create your CV
You'll be 65% more likely to get a job
Quick and easy
With our online CV maker, it is simple for anyone to quickly create a professional CV. Enter your personal details and begin filling out your CV content. Finally, choose one of our 36 available CV layouts, and download your CV.
More likely to land a job
With a representative and professional CV, you will stand out amongst all other applicants. You are also up to 65% more likely to be invited to an interview.
Organize your applications
Often, it is important to be able to tailor your CV based on the job you wish to apply for. With CV maker, you can create and manage several different CVs in an organised way through your own personal account hub.
Undoubtedly, CVmaker was a great success for me. Within 15 minutes, I had created my CV and sent it with the email program.
I received positive comments on my CV and found a great job very quickly. I certainly recommend CVmaker!
Function HR Manager
I find it very handy that I can organise all of my CVs and applications in one place with CVmaker. It holds such beautiful CV templates!
View all of our available professional CV sample templates.
What is a CV?
CV is an abbreviation of the Latin words 'curriculum vitae', which mean 'life course'. A professional CV provides a summary and a good overview of someone's life.
Your CV includes your education(s) and qualifications, work experience, skills, and important qualities. By means of your CV, your potential employer will be able to get a good picture of your skills, work experience, and knowledge quickly, to assess whether or not you fit the job, and therefore whether to offer you a job interview.
What should I include in my CV?
You should always start your CV with your personal details. At the very least, the following information must be mentioned: name, address, place of residence, email address, and telephone number(s). Optionally, you can also include the following information: a representative photograph, nationality, driving license, website, and any links to your social media profile(s) (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
Next you should mention your experience. Examples of this include: education and qualifications, work experience, skills, languages, courses (training), internships, ancillary activities (e.g. voluntary work), references, hobbies, and (positive) characteristics. Optionally, you can also state here if you have obtained a certificate or diploma along with the year of receipt.
Please note: you may feel as though you want to write down everything there is to know about yourself, but make sure that the most important things are easily accessible to employers. Write down the things you feel you absolutely need to mention first. Only mention languages that you can speak fluently. When you wish to emphasise something - for example, your qualities - make them bold, or italicise them.
What is a chronological CV, and what order should it be in?
The most widely used CV is known as the Chronological CV. This means that time-dependent components, such as education and work experience, are represented in a reverse-chronological structure. Your last (most recent) job should be first (top), and your first job should be last (bottom). This also applies to all other experiences that you mention on your CV that took place within a certain period, such as study programs, courses, internships, and ancillary activities.
The order of your CV is then as follows: personal and contact details, followed by a concise personal profile about yourself. Hereafter, state your training, followed by any work experience, languages, skills, characteristics, and interests.
How to make your own CV (or application letter)
You can create a CV with your own word processing program such as Microsoft Word, and then convert it to PDF format. Search the Internet for a free CV example or CV template and see if you can replicate it. Or, use our CV maker where you can simply enter your data and your perfect CV will be available for download in just 15 minutes. Of course, the same can be done to create an accompanying application letter, too!
When you have completed your CV and application letter, you will be able to send both - along with an accompanying email - to the vacancy you wish to apply for.
Tips for creating your perfect CV
Within our CV maker page, you will find tips with each section to help make your CV the best it can be. Along with these, here are some general tips:
- Only mention relevant information that will add value to the application for the vacancy you are applying for, or that will be of interest to future employers.
- Do not mention hobbies or interests that will raise awkward questions.
- State the most important information on the first page. Include a concise personal profile about yourself.
- Use bullet points and numbered lists to your advantage by making your CV transparent to recruiters.
- Always choose the chronological CV structure, unless otherwise requested in the vacancy.
- Keep your CV short and powerful. Mention important information concisely.
- Keep an eye on our blog for more CV and job application tips!
Create your own professional CV
- Making a professional CV is a piece of cake with our CV maker with tips and tricks.
- Create your own professional CV that stands out in just 15 minutes.
- Your CVs are stored in your own personal and safe account hub. This allows you to both edit and download your CVs whenever, and wherever, you require.
- Gain access to creating strong application letters, matching them with your personal CV.
- Access all functionalities for 7 days for only 2.95, then increasing to only 14.95 /mo.
Have your CV either created or optimised
- Do you find it difficult to create your own CV? Or are you just too busy, and don't have the time? Then have your CV created or optimised by a professional.
- Send us your current CV (or experiences) and we will make your CV in one of our professional templates.
- Your content is professionally, powerfully, and clearly rewritten.
- Within 24-48 hours, your CV is professionally created or optimised, and available to download from your personal account.
- Free CV maker account allows you to continuously edit your generated CV, and make use of all other functionalities available.