Can I add a picture to my CV?
In the first step of our CV maker entitled ‘Personal Details’, you can add a photo to your CV. Simply click on the photo icon next to the entry fields. You can then upload, edit, and then add your photo to your CV.
Is my CV also available for download in Word?
Due to the complexity of our templates, it is unfortunately not possible to download the CV in Word. But do not worry: you can always edit your CV via your account.
Can I edit my CV?
After downloading your CV, you will automatically receive an email with log-in details to be able to continuously edit it.
Can I sort the items?
You can sort the items, with the arrows next to the relevant item. The added items within a component can also be sorted separately by pressing the 3 bars next to the item and then dragging the item to the desired position.
Are the items sorted chronologically?
The items are not automatically sorted chronologically. If you want the items to be sorted chronologically, click on the 3 dots next to the item and choose "sort chronologically". The items are then sorted immediately.
Can I put a section on the next page (in PDF)?
This is certainly possible. This can be done in our CV maker in the following 2 ways:
- You can choose to place the complete part (for example Education and Qualifications) on the following page by pressing the 3 dots next to the part and choosing "on the next page (pdf)". As a result, the entire part is placed on the next page.
- In the description of the previous section, you can press the Enter key multiple times in the text editor so that you can adjust the transition a bit more precisely.
Can I hide an item on my CV?
You can hide items on your CV by clicking on the 3 dots next to the item you want to hide and then clicking "Hide component". When you want to add or show the item again, you can select it from the selection bar at the bottom of step 2 of our CV maker.
Does it cost money to use CVmaker.uk?
You can try the CVmaker service and premium features 7 days for £2.95. After the 7 days trial period, your account is automatically renewed and billed each month for £14.95. While having premium access, you can continuously edit and download your CVs, create unlimited matching cover letters, use the application email tool and use the premium job search and matching system. The subscription for your account will be renewed automatically each month until you cancel. You can cancel your account very easily at any time.
The price indicated on our website includes VAT.
How do I cancel my CVmaker.uk account and subscription?
Have you found a nice job and would you like to cancel your subscription? You can cancel your subscription very easily in one of the following ways:
Log into your account and go to "My account". Scroll down to the bottom of the page and pull the subscription slide onto "Yes", and press the "Cancel account" button. Your subscription is now cancelled automatically, you will receive a confirmation email of cancellation.
Cancel subscription page
Go to our contact page and click on the 'Cancel Subscription' button. You can now cancel your subscription automatically without logging into your account. You will receive a confirmation email of cancellation.
Contacting our helpdesk
You can also cancel your subscription by contacting our helpdesk. You can contact us by phone (during weekdays), email (24/7) or start a live chat on the website when available. For more information how to reach us, please visit our contact page.
Also check out our blog post on how to use / cancel CVmaker services.
Can I download my CV in another language (e.g. French)?
You can choose to download your CV in different languages while making your CV. You can select this while filling in your personal details. Currently we offer the following languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish, German.
Can I also create a cover letter?
If you have an active CVmaker.uk account, you can also create unlimited (matching) cover letters. Log in to your CVmaker account and click on 'Cover letters' in the menu to start.
What exactly is the CV building service?
In certain situations, it may be useful to have your CV built, rewritten or optimized by a professional. If any of the situations below are familiar to you, then you may benefit from our service:
- Do you have a busy job which takes up most of your time, giving you no time to create your CV?
- Is your CV non-existent, or are you struggling to figure out exactly what information should be mentioned on it?
- Are you considering a CV switch, which requires your CV to be built differently?
- Have you been out of work for a while and therefore have an empty period within your current CV that requires explaining?
- Is your CV very outdated or old fashioned?
- Is your CV bog-standard and unclear, not attracting enough attention?
- Does your CV need rearranging, such as by relevance?
- Does your CV require grammatical editing and rewriting to make it more powerful and catchy?
You can find more information on the CV Writing Page.